Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update

So, as I am sitting home trying to mend, I've had quite a bit of time to watch tv and lay around. I'm finally feeling up to walking around and doing a few things for myself, like bathing. Yeah I know, you probably don't even have to look at me to tell me my hair is disgusting. I ate real meals yesterday which was pretty exciting! I also called and talked to my boss and I'm hoping that by early next week, maybe Tuesday, I'll be on a flight back to my crew.

My crew...they called me Monday night from IL. I miss them! They should be getting to WV sometime today to start setting up tomorrow (or maybe even tonight?). It sounds like their travels have been going well and that they've been having a good time. I've heard rumors that a few more Ryder trucks broke down Sunday as crews were leaving training, I'm sure glad ours was fixed already! I wish safe traveling and smooth set-up to all my summer staffers and good luck with your first camps!

Back on the home front...I haven't posted anything about this topic yet for fear of upsetting my dear friend, Steph. However, I'm just bursting with pride so I'm going to share with you a link to an article about her most recent achievement. Steph, also a rising junior at CSB, recently was awarded the Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship. This is a very prestigious award and winning it makes her amazing in my book! (Even though I already thought of her as amazing). So if you would like to read a little more about it, here's the link...
http://www.csbsju.edu/news/2008/06/csb/Stephanie_Wegmann.htm

and Steph, sorry, but I had to :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their day and if you could, would you please take the time to pray for all of those affected by the flooding in the midwest? There are hundreds/thousands of people right now who could use our prayers.

No comments: