Wow... so it's my last day in Segovia and I can't even begin to comprehend it. I'm just 28 minutes away from my last final... grammar. I gave up on studying. If I don't know this stuff by now I'm not going to learn it in less than a half hour. Tonight we're having a fancy dinner with all of our host moms and professors so last night I went out for my last walk through the city, last sunset out by the castle, and then came home for my last supper in my house with my host mom. After supper I made her banana bread and this morning more than half the loaf is already gone. She asked me for the recipe which makes me feel great because I thought she would hate it!
This morning I had to say good-bye to the 8 year-old granddaughter and I almost started crying. She wouldn't look at me all morning. Even when her mom turned the tv off so she would say good-bye and she just turned around with her head down and waited for me to come hug her. Today for lunch the 17 year-old and 9 year-old granddaughters are coming (Paella!) and at 5 the 5 year-old Miguel will be here to say good-bye as well.
Leticia is officially coming to stay with me/my family for about a month this summer! Well, not quite officially as in she hasn't bought her ticket but my parents said it was okay! She's really excited as am I.
Last night Kendra, Leah and I booked our hostels for the first week of our trip. Our plans have changed almost daily in the last few weeks so now, for sure, we are starting out heading to northern Spain (San Sebastian) since we don't go there on any excursions. We'll stay there on the beach for 2 nights and then take the train over to the Southeast corner of France and stay in Nice for 4 nights and then on to Cinque Terre where we're going to meet up with our friends Allison and Megan who were in Ireland this semester. I'm really excited to start the traveling but for a while dreaded it because I just want to see my family. However, not that it's basically here I'm pumped. I got my traveling backpack out this morning and started packing and wow... my room looks empty!
This last week I've had such a mix of emotions that I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm excited, nervous, sad, giddy, happy... I came to Spain in 2005 and when we visited Segovia for a day I fell in love with it. After I got home I remember looking at the study abroad in Spain page for CSB and as soon as I saw it was in Segovia I knew that's what I was going to do. That was 3 1/2 years ago. I've been looking forward to these last 3 1/2 months for that long... and now it's coming to end. What a strange feeling. 17 minutes to grammar test. Here I go... one more glance in the book.
1 comment:
NO ONE COULD HATE YOUR BANANA BREAD!!!
Post a Comment