Friday, March 6, 2009

Things I'll Miss After April 24th...

So, I have a much longer list of things I miss but my internet time ended (I was at the internet cafe) so I never got to finish. I went home and made a list in my journal of all the things I miss but then switched to thinking about all the things I'm going to miss about Spain. Here's a few...

1. Being able to walk everywhere. I love walking and it's so easy here.

2. The food. As weird as some of it can be, I'm to the point that I've started craving certain meals my host mom makes. I have a lot of favorite foods that will be hard to bring back to the U.S.

3. Nutella and Digestives. I know, there's nutella in the states, but it's just not the same without digestive wheatmeal biscuits.

4. Burbuja... they're everywhere. Little stores that sell candies/gummies and you scoop them out and put them in a little baggie. We limit ourselves to once a week, or unless we need a pick me up. We have all of our favorite gummies but try to get new ones everytime we go. They have everything, literally, even gummies shaped like pizza.

5. La Colonial and Chocolate Caliente. La Colonial is our favorite coffee shop and I always get chocolate caliente when I go. Recently we discovered it with ice cream. Amazing.

6. The group. Even though in my last post I said I miss not always being in a group, I really will miss this one. We don't always mesh the best but we've had a lot of good times together and have a lot to laugh about.

7. Living in Segovia. It's such a beautiful city and it's starting to feel like home. I can't imagine what it's going to be like to walk around back in the states and not see an acueduct, huge cathedral, old churches, or a Plaza Mayor.

8. My host mom. She's the greatest. I told her a while ago that I'm not going home, I'm staying in Spain forever. She asked me the other night at supper if I've found a Spanish boyfriend yet so that I have a reason to stay :) I told her I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alyssa, you have to come home, i'll miss you way too much. i love you too much for you to live that far away, even though it gives me an excuse to travel the world, only seeing you once or twice a year would kill me :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry Alyssa,
this is your real mom and yes you do have to come home.
Love you Mom